(410) 823-5700 extension 12
- Bachelor of Science, University of Maryland, College Park - 1974 – J.D.,
- University of Baltimore – 1977
- Court of Appeals of Maryland - 1977
- U.S. District Court, Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals – 1978
- United States Supreme Court
Bruce E. Kauffman, Esq.
Bruce E. Kauffman, Esquire founded the Firm in 1978, and since that time has represented countless businesses and individuals on a wide range of legal issues. Although primarily focusing on construction, business and corporate law, Bruce also maintains an active Estates and Trust practice. Bruce counsels businesses on day-to-day matters such as employment issues, contracts, as well as the structuring of complex corporate transactions, mergers and buy-outs. Mr. Kauffman also specializes in the representation of medical and dental professionals, having represented both buyers and sellers of medical practices, individuals and practice groups negotiation employment contracts, and is especially aware of the estate and trust issues most affecting physicians and dentists.
Mr. Kauffman speaks regularly on behalf of the American Subcontractors Association and is a passionate advocate for the industry. Mr. Kauffman has successfully prosecuted numerous mechanic’s liens, payment bond claims, Trust Fund actions and related construction litigation. Notwithstanding, Bruce largely practices preventative law, ensuring that his client’s contracts do not unfairly shift risk and unfavorable terms to the subcontractor.
Mr. Kauffman was recognized as a Maryland Super Lawyer in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 where only 5% of Maryland attorneys are chosen annually. He was also featured in Baltimore Magazine for his expertise in the areas of Construction/Surety, Business/Corporate, and Estate Planning and Probate.
- Board Member of the Baltimore Chapter of the American Subcontractors Association
- American Bar Association: Construction Forum, Business Law Section
- Maryland Bar Association
- Baltimore County Bar Association
- Baltimore Estate Counsel
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America